CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Movie Making

On Thursday, I went to Children of Eden. A lot of people said it was really sacrilegious, but I didn't think it was that bad. Overall, I really liked it.
I saw David there, though. And he was holding hands with what I assume is his girlfriend. So I had to force myself to get over him. It only took a day before I wasn't upset anymore.

On Friday, Benny Kuo (from IHS) came to visit. He was baptized by Matthew Cook about a year ago (It was Matt who baptized him, right?)
He graduates this year and he's thinking of coming to BYU-I. He's already been accepted, but there's another college in Oregon he's considering too. We (Rikke, Cammi, and I) took Benny and his mom to Craigo's and then to the BYUI sign to take a picture.
Then they went to the Brahms concert, and Rikke, Cammi and I went to Idaho Falls. They had rings that they bought and needed to pick up.
Afterwards we went to Kari's! It was so nice to see them again! Rikke and Cammi said they were baby hungry, so they agreed to go with me haha. I can't wait to see them again in two weeks!

On Saturday I woke up at 8:30 and met with my Chinese group (David and Jamison) at 10. We worked until 3:30 to get our Chinese movie recorded. We didn't quite finish though because we could only have the camera checked out for four hours. So we got everything recorded except for one scene, which hopefully we'll record on Wednesday.
Here are some screen caps from the movie.
It's taking a really long time to put it together, though. The recorder we used recorded the videos in .MTS format, which I'd never heard of before. My VLC video player can play them, so I used that to go through the vids and pick which ones to use, but Windows Movie Maker can only read certain video fortmats.
I had a few problems trying to convert the videos. I have a program called Any Video Converter, so I tried to convert it to .WMV using that, but when I did, the video went really really fast. So I tried converting it to .AVI or .MPG or .MP4, but those made the videos really slow...
So my friend Tommy told me to download a program called HandBrake. Handbrake lets you control the fps when you convert video, but it can only convert to .MP4, so I had to use Handbrake to make it .MP4, then use AVC to make it .WMV.
So it takes several minutes just to get 10 seconds worth of video in Movie Maker.
So I spent all day yesterday after I got home until I went to bed, and today since noon working on it. I'm almost done putting together what we have, though :)

3 comments:

Winger said...

Looks like you had lots of fun making the movie. Too bad about the problems trying to covert the videos. I don't even know what you're talking about--sounds technical--maybe you should go into computers?
Fun that you got to visit Kari. We'll be there in 11 days!

Ryan said...

I've never heard of mts either. Had to google it. I thought it might be an old format but its actually a very new format for HD. The MTS extension refers to the AVCHD format. I saw that Windows Media Player 12 for Windows 7 will play that format. But with Vista your out of luck. Thanks for getting us up to speed on what the new video format is.

Kari Cheney said...

yeah thats all jiberish to me...the movie looks fun though!