CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Pretend It's the 13th

(This is taken straight from my livejournal, so it's a little more intense :p)

I only went to devotional like...three times last semester.
So I decided I wanted to do better this semester.

So I went today! Right after my Book of Mormon class.

Right in the middle of the gym, there's a stand for a camera person to record the speaker.
Well today, right in the middle of the devotional, the camera woman collapsed.
I didn't see it actually happen. I was reading a passage of scripture. But when I looked up, I saw her laying on the stand thing and she was surrounded by four guys.
Everyone around was looking at her, but everyone in front of the stand was totally oblivious.
The guys propped her up and tried talking to her. She seemed really dazed at first. One of the guys waved a hand in front of her, and she just seemed totally out of it. But after a bit she regained consciousness enough to talk. Two of the guys lifted her and carried her to the nearest chair.
All the while, the devotional never stopped. President Clarke never stopped talking. I think it was because those guys were so quick to react. If no one went to help her, he probably would have stopped his speech and said something about it.
After a few minutes, she was totally fine.

Later, Joseph took Kels and I to Walmart. But first, he had us go to his apartment and he introduced us to all of his new roommates. One of them, named Andrew, is SOOOO CUTE <3 Hahaha. He's got a bubbly personality kind of, and he's tall and skinny and very handsome ;"3
Joseph convinced him to go with us! Wheee! He's really nice and funny.

After we were done shopping, we loaded up all of the stuff into the car. Kels and I got in and had the big mirror I bought on our lap. We noticed that Joseph was gone. Andrew went to go find him. A couple minutes later, Andrew came back and opened the door. He said "Something weird is going on... Joseph's on the phone and there are a bunch of people around some guy who's laying on the ground outside of Payless. He's got a bicycle helmet on." Then he went back, saying he'd keep us updated. I wanted to get out and see, but we were trapped by the mirror. A few minutes later, Andrew ran back, gave us a few updates, then got a blanket out of the back of the car and ran back to the scene to cover the guy with the blanket. Joseph was on the phone with the police. Every now and then, Andrew would come check in on us and make sure we were doing okay, then he'd tell us how the guy was doing. He had regained consciousness and was finally able to talk to them.
An ambulance finally came, and 5 to 7 minutes after that, Joseph and Andrew came back and we left.
The first few minutes of the side were silent. I didn't really know what to say.. wah. But then Andrew started talking, and the awkwardness left.
They dropped us off and now I'm here. I still have a lot of homework to do ._.

I was totally inspired today. I really do love people. Every time someone does an act so kind, it warms my heart and makes me want to cry. I want to be a good person too. I want to be able to help people. I really really wish that I could help people more.

3 comments:

Ryan said...

Did both those people faint on the same day? What's going on, not enough oxygen in the air? You will get opportunities to help people, especially if you are looking for them.

Winger said...

Kayli Thanks for sharing your entry from LiveJournal. Sounds like quite a day you had. Now I understand your facebook comment of being inspired by the kindness of others.
We should always look for ways to help and serve others. I hope you can get to know Andrew better :)

Kayli said...

Yes, they both fainted on the same day. Crazy!
It was quite an eventful day.
-Mom, I hope I can get to know Andrew better, too! Haha. Joseph found out that I think he's cute, and now he wants to set us up.